Dr Kamran Rostami
MD, PhD, FRACP
t (06) 953 4298 e firstname.lastname@example.org
Diagnostic, Therapeutic Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
Digestive Health Clinic, including gastrointestinal food related disorders.
Kamran is well known for his expertise in the field of inflammatory bowel disease, IBS/Gluten related disorders. He has special interest in promoting nutrition therapy by focusing on identifying and eliminating the food antigens that triggers or contribute in various forms of Gastrointestinal disorders in individuals who are genetically at risk.
By doing this he has been able to facilitate a healthier care and treatment for numerous patients in the United Kingdom and recently in Palmerston North.
His postgraduate journey started with a PhD in coeliac disease from the University of Amsterdam. He worked as a consultant Gastroenterologist in the UK and then joined the Gastroenterology Unit at Palmerston North Hospital. He has organised and presented at numerous national and international Gastroenterology conferences, coordinated a number of multicentre studies and has published numerous research papers in peer reviewed journals. He serves as the deputy and associate editor for a number of Gastroenterology journals.
- Ahmad SJS, Ahmed AR, Rostami K et al. The correlation between vitamin D levels and demographics in patients with gastrointestinal disorders; a cross-sectional study. Gastroenterol Hepatol Bed Bench 2020;13(3):223-231
- Aghamohamadi E, Kokhaei P, Rostami K, et al. Serum Level and Gene Expression of Interleukin-15 Do Not Correlate with Villous Atrophy in Celiac Disease Patients. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2020 Aug;24(8):502-507
- Ahmad SJ, Ahmed AR, Rostami K, et al. Citation classics in general medical journals: assessing the quality of evidence; a systematic review. Gastroenterol Hepatol Bed Bench. 2020;13(2):101-114
- Sadeghi A, Rad N, Rostami K, et al. The value of a biopsy in celiac disease follow up: assessment of the small bowel after 6 and 24 months treatment with a gluten free diet. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2020;112(2):101-108
- Barzegar F, Rostami-Nejad M, Rostami K, et al. Lack of health care professional's awareness for management of celiac disease may contribute to the under diagnosis of celiac disease. Gastroenterol Hepatol Bed Bench. 2019;12(3):203-208
- Haghbin M, Rostami K, et al. The role of CXCR3 and its ligands CXCL10 and CXCL11 in the pathogenesis of celiac disease. Medicine (Baltimore). 2019;98(25):e15949
- Ashtari S, Pourhoseingholi MA, Rostami K, et al. Prevalence of gluten-related disorders in Asia-Pacific region: a systematic review. J Gastrointestin Liver Dis. 2019;28(1):95-105
- Ahmad SJ, Khan A, Rostami K, et al. Semi-elemental diet is effective in managing high output ileostomy; a case report. Gastroenterol Hepatol Bed Bench. 2019;12(2):169-173
- Moheb-Alian A, Forouzesh F, Sadeghi A, Rostami K, Aghamohammadi E, Rostami-Nejad M, Rezaei-Tavirani M, Zali MR. Contribution of HLA-DQ2/DQ8 haplotypes in type one diabetes patients with/without celiac disease. J Diabetes Complications. 2019 Jan;33(1):59-62
- Busby E, Bold J, Fellows L, Rostami K. Mood Disorders and Gluten: It's Not All in Your Mind! A Systematic Review with Meta-Analysis. Nutrients. 2018 Nov 8;10(11)
- Heydari F, Rostami-Nejad M, Moheb-Alian A, Mollahoseini MH, Rostami K, Pourhoseingholi MA, Aghamohammadi E, Zali MR. Serum cytokines profile in treated celiac disease compared with non-celiac gluten sensitivity and control: a marker for differentiation. J Gastrointestin Liver Dis. 2018 Sep;27(3):241-247
- Ghasiyari H, Rostami-Nejad M, Amani D, Rostami K, Pourhoseingholi MA, Asadzadeh-Aghdaei H, Zali MR. Diverse Profiles of Toll-Like Receptors 2, 4, 7, and 9 mRNA in Peripheral Blood and Biopsy Specimens of Patients with Celiac Disease. J Immunol Res. 2018 Jul 2;2018:7587095
- Tang I, MacFaul G, Madhotra R, Rostami K. Post pancreatitis/cholecystectomy gluten intolerance. Gastroenterol Hepatol Bed Bench. 2018 Summer;11(3):273-275
- Rostami-Nejad M, Hejazi SH, Peña AS, Asadzadeh-Aghdaei H, Rostami K, Volta U, Zali MR. Contributions of HLA haplotypes, IL8 level and Toxoplasma gondii infection in defining celiac disease's phenotypes. BMC Gastroenterol. 2018 May18;18(1):66
- Catassi C, Alaedini A, Bojarski C, Bonaz B, Bouma G, Carroccio A, Castillejo G, De Magistris L, Dieterich W, Di Liberto D, Elli L, Fasano A, Hadjivassiliou M, Kurien M, Lionetti E, Mulder CJ, Rostami K, Sapone A, Scherf K, Schuppan D, Trott N, Volta U, Zevallos V, Zopf Y, Sanders DS. The Overlapping Area of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (NCGS) and Wheat-Sensitive Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): An Update. Nutrients. 2017 Nov 21;9(11). pii: E1268
- Rostami K, Marsh MN, Johnson MW, Mohaghegh H, Heal C, Holmes G, Ensari A, Aldulaimi D, Bancel B, Bassotti G, Bateman A, Becheanu G, Bozzola A, Carroccio A, Catassi C, Ciacci C, Ciobanu A, Danciu M, Derakhshan MH, Elli L, Ferrero S, Fiorentino M, Fiorino M, Ganji A, Ghaffarzadehgan K, Going JJ, Ishaq S, Mandolesi A, Mathews S, Maxim R, Mulder CJ, Neefjes-Borst A, Robert M, Russo I, Rostami-Nejad M, Sidoni A, Sotoudeh M, Villanacci V, Volta U, Zali MR, Srivastava A. ROC-king onwards: intraepithelial lymphocyte counts, distribution & role in coeliac disease mucosal interpretation. Gut. 2017 Dec;66(12):2080-2086
- Rostami K, Bold J, Parr A, Johnson MW. Gluten-Free Diet Indications, Safety, Quality, Labels, and Challenges. Nutrients. 2017 Aug 8;9(8)