Dr Kamran Rostami
MD, PhD, FRACP
t (06) 953 2498 e email@example.com
Diagnostic, Therapeutic Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
Digestive Health Clinic, including gastrointestinal food related disorders.
Digestive Health Clinic Dietitian: Adele Rostami
Kamran is well known for his research on coeliac disease and non-coeliac gluten sensitivity. He was born in Iran, having received his MD degree from Carol Davila University Bucharest. After completing his PhD at University of Amsterdam, he undertook his specialist training at Internal Medicine University of Groningen, the Netherlands. He continued and accomplished specialist training through the West Midlands Deanery in UK and has been an attending Physician in the Gastroenterology Division, Department of Internal Medicine in both UK and later at Palmerston North, New Zealand. During his training in UK he acted as clinical lecturer at the University of Birmingham and visiting lecturer in Nutrition Therapy at University of Worcester. His ongoing research interests are on Gluten related disorders and Nutrition therapy in Inflammatory bowel disease as highlighted in his publications. click here to view
Adele Rostami, B Dietetics Hons Degree
Dietitian for Digestive Health Clinic.
Adele has worked as a specialist dietitian for two decades in NHS, UK in many specialist areas including intensive care, gastroenterology, diabetes, oncology, bariatric surgery and paediatrics.
Adele is a specialist dietitian who has had advanced training and experience through her 20 years in the NHS, UK and the last four years in New Zealand. Areas of expertise include:
- Gastroenterology (Adult and Paediatric)
- Nutrition therapy in Chron’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticular disease
- IBS, Fodmap and other food sensitivities, allergies
- Non-coeliac gluten sensitivity, coeliac disease, other malabsorption disorders
- Fatty liver disease
- Enteral and parenteral feeding (supporting adults and children on artificial feeding i.e. TPN, PEG, PEJ and NG feeds
- Diabetes (Adult and Paediatric)
- Type 1 Diabetes, carbohydrate counting and dose adjustment, Insulin pump therapy, Islet cell transplants
- Type 2 Diabetes, carbohydrate awareness, glycaemic index, pre-diabetes, gestational diabetes, reactive hypoglycaemia
- Heart health
- Cholesterol, hyperlipidaemia
- Blood pressure and stress concerns
- Metabolic syndrome
- Other Paediatrics
- Sensory sensitive/ perseverant and fussy eaters, neurodiverse children with feeding difficulties, pica
- Failure to thrive
- Obesity, Prader Willi syndrome
- Nutritional support
- Weight loss, poor appetite
- Bariatric surgery and specialist weight management input
- Emotional eating
- Disordered eating behaviours and eating disorders
- In-depth assessments of macro and micro-nutrients of adult and paediatric diets.
Locations: Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay for face-to-face consultations. Zoom also available.